Mission International Teams Blog


Burundi team 2011

Regular Updates!


During the period of teams deployment new information will appear on this blog from the teams. Access to and functionality of local internet connections may hamper the upload of images, however we will attempt to show these where possible.

A link to the Haiti team 2012 blog can be found on the right side-bar.

The Burundi team blog will appear below this message on this page.

Bible Gateway

Bible Gateway
Online Bibles and much more

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Separated once again.

It was a tough morning, just after 7am when I had to leave the team in their residence in Bujumbura, Burundi as they rested before their return home on 29th.   I made my way towards Kigali in Rwanda (where I am writing this port).   We have had such a good time in Burundi, everyone has worked so hard and selflessly have given of themselves in what they were doing.   The MissionMedics team have treated around 600 people whilst in Nyembuye and the kids ministry team were inundated with kids, at times the venues were so full it was difficult to do anything that involved moving from the spot.   Church leaders have repeatedly requested that we return to give more.

My trip to Kigali was uneventful, we passed a truck on the mountain road which has been sitting on the carriageway for weeks awaiting a spare part to get it mobile again.   We had a wait of about 1 & 1/2 hours for my lift at the border.   He had been stopped 4 times by the enthusiastic Rwandan traffic police on the way to pick me up.   The exit stamp on my passport was dated wrongly and this also caused a slight delay at the Rwandan side as they altered the date.   Soon we were on our way after sad goodbyes to Felibien and François at the border post.   We (Nathan, Steven & I) stopped in Butare for lunch and to visit the Anglican Bishop.   Soon we were on our way again, I was so tired I fell asleep in the car, even with all sorts of 'tasty' overtaking manoeuvres.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day so I am off to get a shower and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment